As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Polpette alla napoletana
- First, put the ground beef, breadcrumbs and grated parmesan in a large bowl. Chop the parsley and garlic very finely and add them as well.
- Then add the egg and season with salt and pepper. Now mix everything thoroughly with your hands until you get a compact mass.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- After resting, use your hands to form small meatballs from the mixture.
- Heat plenty of sunflower oil in a high pan to about 340°F/170°C. Then put the meatballs into the boiling oil. Fry each for about 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown. Remove the finished meatballs, drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Heat the olive oil in another large frying pan and sauté the onion until it becomes translucent.
- Then deglaze with the strained tomatoes, add a little salt and bring to the boil briefly. Then reduce the heat, add the fried meatballs and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Finally, transfer in portions to deep plates, serve immediately and enjoy hot.
- Buon appetito!
If you liked the traditional italian meatballs with tomato sauce, you might also like these recipes….
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.