Polpette alla napoletana
Delicious italian meatballs in fine tomato sauce!
Amount 4 servings
- 400 g ground beef
- 150 g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 80 g parmesan cheese grated
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion small
- 1 twig parsley
- 400 g strained tomatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- sunflower oil for frying
- First, put the ground beef, breadcrumbs and grated parmesan in a large bowl. Chop the parsley and garlic very finely and add them as well.
- Then add the egg and season with salt and pepper. Now mix everything thoroughly with your hands until you get a compact mass.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rest in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- After resting, use your hands to form small meatballs from the mixture.
- Heat plenty of sunflower oil in a high pan to about 340°F/170°C. Then put the meatballs into the boiling oil. Fry each for about 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown. Remove the finished meatballs, drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Heat the olive oil in another large frying pan and sauté the onion until it becomes translucent.
- Then deglaze with the strained tomatoes, add a little salt and bring to the boil briefly. Then reduce the heat, add the fried meatballs and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Finally, transfer in portions to deep plates, serve immediately and enjoy hot.
- Buon appetito!
Calories: 555kcal (28%)Carbohydrates: 39g (13%)Protein: 33g (66%)Fat: 29g (45%)Saturated fatty acids: 12g (60%)Trans fatty acids: 1gCholesterol: 126mg (42%)
If you liked the traditional italian meatballs with tomato sauce, you might also like these recipes….
OXO Good Grips Pro Hard Anodized PFOA-Free Nonstick 12″ Frying Pan Skillet, Dishwasher Safe, Oven Safe, Stainless Steel Handle, Black
- Cook’s Illustrated’s highest rated nonstick skillet
- Durable, hard anodized body delivers excellent heat conduction and scratch resistance
- Three layer, PFOA free, German engineered nonstick coating for years of performance using less oil
- Comfortable stainless steel handles
- Oven safe up to 430°F/220°C
- Dishwasher safe
- Rolled edges for drip free pouring
- Compatible with most stovetops, except induction