As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Spezzatino di manzo
This heavenly smelling dish with its tenderly cooked beef cubes and the delicious sauce with a fine red wine note is an indispensable part of the classic Italian cuisine. Served as a “secondo piatto” (2nd main course), it finds favor with young and old alike. The italian beef stew impresses with its aromatic ingredients, which develop their full strength through the long cooking time and fill the whole house with their fragrant aroma.
- First, wash the celery, peel the carrot and onion. Then cut them all into fine cubes.1 onion, 1 carrot, 1 stalk celery
- Tie the thyme and rosemary twigs with the sage leaves into a bundle.1 twig rosemary, 1 twig thyme, 3 leaves sage
- Then cut the beef into equal cubes of about 5cm/2in.1 kg beef
- Pour the meat broth into a pot and bring to a boil once.2.5 l meat broth
- Now put a large cooking pot on the stove and heat the butter and olive oil in it. Then add the previously diced vegetables and sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes.30 g butter, 40 ml olive oil extra virgin
- Then increase the heat slightly, add the meat cubes and cook for 10 minutes. Stir frequently during this process. Then season with salt and pepper and dust with the flour. Mix everything well, increase the heat further and sear for a few minutes. Stir often so that the meat does not burn.salt, pepper, 30 g pastry flour
- Now deglaze with the red wine and let it reduce almost completely. Then pour in the broth and add the herb bundle.200 ml red wine
- Then simmer the stew over medium heat with the lid closed for at least an hour. Stir occasionally during this process.
- Finally, just remove the herb bundle and enjoy the delicious beef stew.Buon appetito!
Did you like the italian beef stew? Here are some more nice dishes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for your italian beef stew?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.