As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Marmellata di limoni
Lemon jam is a delicious fruit jam, which is very popular in Italy. The sour lemons give the jam a refreshing taste and a pleasant acidity that goes perfectly with sweet pastries, fresh bread and cheese. Making the jam requires just a little patience and time, but the result is definitely worth it. With a few simple steps, you can prepare this delicious Italian jam at home and use it as a spread or as an ingredient in various desserts and pastries. In this post, we’ll show you how to make a delicious lemon jam from sun-ripened lemons. Ready? Andiamo! Let’s go!
- 1 kg lemons organic
- 500 g sugar
- First wash the lemons thoroughly and then cut them into thin slices. Then put the slices in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Now cover with an airtight foil and let rest for 24 hours at room temperature.1 kg lemons
- After the first resting time, drain the water and cover the lemons again with fresh cold water. Again cover with foil and let rest for another 24 hours.
- Pour off the water again after the second resting period. Place the lemon slices in a large pot, cover flush with water and boil once.
- Then drain in a sieve. In doing so, collect approx. 350ml/1.5cups of the lemon water.
- Now put the lemons and the collected water back into the pot. Add the sugar and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer the jam on low for about 40 minutes. Stir occasionally.500 g sugar
- Now immediately put the mixture into a straining mill and strain it into a container below.
- The lemon jam is now ready and can be enjoyed.Buon appetito!
Did you like the lemon jam? Then you might also like these delicious dishes…
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.