This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Now it’s time again for small delicious muffins – those for adults 🙂 I love this dessert because it is easy to make and always succeeds. And of course because the kids don’t eat any of it away from me! All kidding aside… These muffins have quite a wonderful flavor, the combination of fresh espresso and the sweet chocolate just goes great together. So… let’s preheat the oven and bake muffin al caffé!
- Prepare the espresso and let it cool to room temperature. Finely chop the chocolate and set aside.130 ml espresso, 150 g chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F top/bottom heat.
- Place the sugar and softened butter in a mixing bowl. Beat with a stand mixer or hand mixer until creamy. Add the eggs and continue beating until everything is well mixed.150 g sugar, 120 g butter, 2 eggs
- Then sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add a pinch of salt, about ⅔ of the chopped chocolate and the espresso and beat again with the mixer until a soft and compact mixture is formed.260 g pastry flour, ½ package baking powder, 1 pinch salt
- Place the muffin tins in the baking tray for muffins and fill each about ⅔ full with the fresh batter. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of the batter. Place in the middle rack of the oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Let cool briefly before nibbling 😉Buon appetito!
Did you like the coffee cake muffins? Here are some more delicious recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the coffee cake muffins?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.