Crostata con mascarpone e gocce di cioccolato
Today we conjure up a nice creamy Italian cake with mascarpone, ricotta and fine chocolate chips! The subtle flavors of cinnamon and orange round off this dessert perfectly. A dessert for real gourmets!
- Put the flour, sugar, eggs, butter and some lemon zest in the mixing bowl of the stand mixer and mix thoroughly with the dough hook. Then place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- After the cooling time, roll out the dough. Prepare a 26cm/10in Ø springform pan and grease with butter. Spread the shortcrust pastry evenly on the bottom, forming a rim of about 1cm/0.5in high on the springform pan and pressing it down well. Prick the dough several times with a fork. Cut off the excess shortcrust pastry and keep it for decoration.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F top/bottom heat.
- Put the ricotta and sugar in a bowl and beat with a hand mixer. Separate the egg yolks from the whites and add to the bowl along with the cornstarch. Beat again with the mixer until a creamy mixture is obtained.
- Now add the cinnamon and the mascarpone. Mix with a mixer to a nice cream. Then add the chocolate chips and gently fold in.
- Now spread the cream evenly over the shortcrust pastry and smooth it out with a pastry scraper.
- Then roll out the remaining short pastry in a circle and cut out strips about 2cm/¾in wide. With it then lay out a uniform diamond pattern on the cream.
- Now put the cake in the oven and bake for 60 minutes.
- Let cool briefly before serving and sprinkle with powdered sugar to taste.Buon appetito!
Did you like mascarpone cake with chocolate chips? Here are some more nice recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the mascarpone cake?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.