This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Crostata di mele
Are you in the mood for a real Italian apple cake? Yes? Perfetto, then you will have true joy with this one. It does not only taste incredibly delicious, thanks to the fresh apples, it’s also very easy and quick to prepare.
A delicious and simple cake with fresh apples.
- Put the flour, sugar, eggs, butter and some lemon zest in the mixing bowl of the stand mixer and mix thoroughly with the dough hook. Then place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- After the cooling time, roll out the dough. Prepare a 26cm/10in Ø springform pan and grease with butter. Spread the shortcrust pastry evenly on the bottom, forming a rim of about 1cm/½in high on the baking pan and pressing it down well. Prick the dough several times with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F top/bottom heat.
- Wash the apples, cut them in half and cut into thin slices. Then lay them out in a circle on the dough.
- Now put the cake in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the sugar, egg, flour and milk in a bowl and whisk thoroughly to form a lump-free mixture.
- Remove the apple cake from the oven and spread the mixture evenly over the cake. Then put in the oven for another 10 minutes and finish baking.
- Let cool briefly before serving and sprinkle with powdered sugar to taste.Buon appetito!
Serving: 110gCalories: 271.8kcal (14%)Carbohydrates: 37.6g (13%)Protein: 4.2g (8%)Fat: 11.3g (17%)
Do you like Italian apple cake? Here are some more nice recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the Italian apple cake?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.