Torta di ribes rosso con meringa e mandorle
The preparation of this cake is really very simple. With the step-by-step recipe you will soon be able to enjoy this fresh and delicious dessert.
A delicious cake with fresh currants and almond flakes!
For a 24cm/9in Ø springform pan
Egg white mass
- 2 egg white
- 30 g sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 100 g almond flakes
- powdered sugar to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F top/bottom heat.
- Crack the eggs, separating the yolks from the whites and reserving both.
- Put the butter, sugar, vanilla sugar and egg yolks in the mixing bowl of the stand mixer and beat with the dough hook until fluffy.
- Then add flour and baking powder and stir to form a shortcrust pastry that is not too firm and can be shaped.
Egg white mass
- Place the egg whites in a tall container and beat with a hand mixer until stiff. Then add the sugar and cinnamon and carefully fold in the almond flakes.
Bake cake bases
- Prepare a 24cm/9in Ø springform pan and line with baking paper. Pour in half of the dough mixture and smooth it out. Then brush with half of the previously made egg white mixture and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Then remove from the pan and let cool briefly.
- Prepare the second base in the same way and let it cool. However, leave this one in the pan after baking.
- In the meantime, place the liquid cream and vanilla sugar in a tall container and beat with a hand mixer until stiff. Add the washed red currants and gently fold in.
- Now pour the cream into the springform pan, spread it evenly over the base and smooth it out. Then carefully place the other base on top.
- Now put the cake in the refrigerator for an hour to harden.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar to taste before serving.Buon appetito!
If you have two springform pans of the same size, you can of course bake the two bases at the same time and save time.
Calories: 4700kcal (235%)Carbohydrates: 435g (145%)Protein: 76g (152%)Fat: 310g (477%)Saturated fatty acids: 164g (820%)Trans fatty acids: 4gCholesterol: 1112mg (371%)
Did you like my red currant tart? Here are some more beautiful cakes for you…
Preparation recommendation for my currant tart with meringue and almonds
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
- 10-speed slide control ranges from a very fast whip to a very slow stir
- Includes Flat Beater, Dough Hook and Wire Whip
- Power Hub for Additional Attachments,Volts- 120
- Unique Mixing Action. Hub cover – non-hinged
- Assembled with Pride in Greenville, Ohio
- Choose from all the color options to find the one that best matches your style and personality.
- The power hub turns your stand mixer into a culinary center with more than 15 optional attachments available.