This post is also available in: Deutsch English
For this very simple pasta dish we only need 5 ingredients. A pasta of your choice, here we take my beloved spaghetti, hearty guanciale (Italian bacon), freshly grated Pecorino Romano, salt & pepper. Let’s go…
This pasta with fried bacon and pecorino is simply fantastico!
- 400 g spaghetti
- 250 g guanciale (italian bacon)
- 40 g pecorino cheese grated (shop here)
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti until al dente.
- Meanwhile, remove the rind from the guanciale. Cut the bacon first into thin slices, then into strips. Brown in a frying pan over medium heat (without oil) for about 5 minutes.
- Then deglaze with a ladleful of boiling pasta water.
- Drain the finished spaghetti with pasta tongs directly into the pan with the bacon. Add the grated pecorino, season to taste with salt and pepper and mix everything thoroughly. If it is a little too dry, you can add another dash of pasta water. Leave the pasta in the pan for a short time.
- Finally, arrange on deep plates, sprinkle with extra pecorino if desired and serve hot!Buon appetito!
Instead of pecorino you can of course also use parmesan.
Calories: 343kcal (17%)Carbohydrates: 40.8g (14%)Protein: 14.7g (29%)Fat: 12.8g (20%)
Do you like the gricia pasta? Here are some more delicious dishes from our recipe box….
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the gricia pasta?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.