For this very simple pasta dish we only need 5 ingredients. A pasta of your choice, here we take my beloved spaghetti, hearty guanciale (Italian bacon), freshly grated Pecorino Romano, salt & pepper. Let’s go…
- 400 g spaghetti
- 250 g guanciale (Italian cured meat)
- 40 g pecorino cheese grated
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti until al dente.
- Meanwhile, remove the rind from the guanciale. Cut the bacon first into thin slices, then into strips. Brown in a frying pan over medium heat (without oil) for about 5 minutes.
- Then deglaze with a ladleful of boiling pasta water.
- Drain the finished spaghetti with pasta tongs directly into the pan with the bacon. Add the grated pecorino, season to taste with salt and pepper and mix everything thoroughly. If it is a little too dry, you can add another dash of pasta water. Leave the pasta in the pan for a short time.
- Finally, arrange on deep plates, sprinkle with extra pecorino if desired and serve hot!Buon appetito!
Do you like the gricia pasta? Here are some more delicious dishes from our recipe box….
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the gricia pasta?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.