As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Polpette di zucchini
Today we prepare a nice vegetarian zucchini cheese balls recipe. In Italy it is affectionately called polpette di zucchini. In addition to the fresh zucchini, these consist of delicious ricotta and parmesan. As you bite into them, the flavors of thyme and melted Italian cheese unfold throughout your mouth. This dish is also very popular among children. But the best thing is to convince yourself right now…
- Wash the zucchini and remove the ends. Grate finely with a kitchen grater. Place in a large colander and lightly salt. Place a bowl underneath to catch the liquid. Now place a plate on top of the grated zucchini, weigh it down with a weight and let it sit for an hour. This will remove any excess water.800 g zucchini
- Then, using a wooden spoon, squeeze out the remaining water and place the drained zucchini in a bowl. Drain the ricotta and add to the bowl along with the grated parmesan, thyme, egg and breadcrumbs.100 g parmesan cheese, 100 g ricotta cheese, 1 egg, 40 g breadcrumbs, 5 g thyme
- Season with salt and pepper and mix everything thoroughly until you have a compact mass that can be easily formed.salt, pepper
- Now take a tablespoonful at a time from the mixture and form small balls. Turn them in a bowl of durum wheat semolina and coat them evenly. Then set aside.durum wheat semolina
- Heat sunflower oil in a pot and deep-fry the balls for about 3-4 minutes each until golden brown. Briefly drain the finished balls on a paper towel.sunflower oil
- Serve the zucchini cheese balls immediately hot!Buon appetito!
If you like zucchini cheese balls, you may also like these recipes…
Would you like original Italian ingredients for your dishes?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.