This post is also available in: Deutsch English Italiano
Frittata di patate
Frittata is a traditional Italian dish, which is also known as an omelet. A frittata can be made with a variety of ingredients, including vegetables, cheese and meat. A particularly popular variation is the frittata with potatoes, which is perfect for serving as a hearty breakfast, lunch or dinner, or as a tasty little appetizer. In this recipe, the potatoes are cut into small cubes, briefly boiled and pre-fried, and then finished in the frying pan with the beaten eggs and spices. The potato frittata is a delicious and filling dish that is easy to prepare and will surely delight everyone.
- 6 eggs
- 400 g potatoes
- 100 g parmesan cheese grated
- 6 tbsp parsley chopped
- olive oil extra virgin
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- First, bring a pot of water to a boil. Peel the potatoes and wash them under running water. Then cut them into small bite-sized cubes. Add them to the boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.400 g potatoes
- In the meantime, beat the eggs and put them in a bowl. Add the grated parmesan cheese and half of the chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.6 eggs, 100 g parmesan cheese, 6 tbsp parsley
- Pour off the cooked potatoes and let them drain briefly. Then heat a good dash of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and lightly fry the potato cubes in it.
- Then add the beaten eggs to the frying pan and toss well several times. Fry for 15 minutes on low heat with the lid closed, until the bottom of the frittata is cooked. Turn the omelet over with the help of a large plate and return it to the frying pan. Now also lightly fry this side again for 5 minutes (without lid).
- Finally, transfer to a large plate and sprinkle the remaining parsley on top. The delicious frittata can now be served.Buon appetito!
How did you like the potato frittata? Here are some more delicious recipes for you…
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.