This post is also available in: Deutsch English
A delicious and juicy lasagna with fresh green asparagus
- 250 g lasagna sheets (shop here)
- 800 g green asparagus
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 300 ml milk
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 300 ml asparagus broth
- 250 g mozzarella cheese
- 50 g parmesan cheese (shop here)
- 1 lemon
- 30 g butter
- 30 g wheat flour
- nutmeg to taste
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Wash the asparagus and cut off the woody part of the stalk and peel the lower third. Then cut into pieces of about the same length of 3cm(1in). Add them to the boiling water together with the sugar and the juice of half a lemon and cook for 2 minutes. Skim off 300ml (1.3cups) of the broth and set aside. Drain the asparagus and set aside as well.
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic. Heat the butter in a large frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic until translucent. Then add the flour and stir thoroughly. Now add the milk and bring to the boil. Whisk thoroughly until a lump-free sauce is formed.
- Now dissolve the vegetable bouillon cube in the asparagus broth, mix with the sauce and bring to the boil briefly. Now add the juice of the remaining lemon, some lemon zest and the ricotta and mix everything thoroughly. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the asparagus.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F top/bottom heat.
- Provide a small baking dish per serving and cover the bottom with some sauce.
- Then put a layer of lasagne sheets on top. Now follow with a layer of the asparagus ricotta sauce. Make sure that the lasagne sheets are completely covered.
- Repeat the previous step twice and finish with a layer of mozzarella slices and grated Parmesan.
- Now bake the lasagna in the oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown. Let cool briefly before serving.Buon appetito!
Calories: 768kcal (38%)Carbohydrates: 74g (25%)Protein: 42g (84%)Fat: 35g (54%)Saturated fatty acids: 21g (105%)Trans fatty acids: 1gCholesterol: 113mg (38%)
We hope you enjoyed the asparagus lasagna! Here are some more delicious recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the asparagus lasagna?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.