Pasta alla carbonara con zucchine
A delicious variation on the classic carbonara – simply delicious!
- Bring a pot of well-salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti al dente.
- In the meantime, finely dice the bacon. Wash the zucchini and cut into bite-sized pieces. Brown the bacon cubes in a frying pan on medium heat (without oil!). After about 2 minutes, add the zucchini pieces and sauté for another 5 minutes. Then turn off the heat completely.
- Place the egg yolks, pepper, a ladleful of pasta water and the pecorino in a bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Drain the finished spaghetti and then add it directly to the lukewarm frying pan with the bacon and zucchini. Then add the sauce and mix thoroughly immediately. Season to taste with pepper. If the pasta is still not creamy enough, you can add a dash of pasta water.
- Now pour the pasta on deep plates, garnish with fresh parsley to taste and serve hot!Buon appetito!
If you don’t like Pecorino, you can of course replace it with Parmigiano Reggiano! For more great variations, try using other vegetables, such as artichokes, eggplant or green beans.
Calories: 662kcal (33%)Carbohydrates: 78g (26%)Protein: 26g (52%)Fat: 26g (40%)Saturated fatty acids: 10g (50%)Trans fatty acids: 1gCholesterol: 328mg (109%)
If you liked my zucchini pasta carbonara, you may also like these beautiful recipes…
Product recommendation for zucchini pasta carbonara
BARILLA Blue Box Spaghetti Pasta, 16 oz. Boxes (Pack of 8), 8 Servings per Box – Non-GMO Pasta Made with Durum Wheat Semolina – Italy’s #1 Pasta Brand – Kosher Certified Pasta
- SPAGHETTI PASTA: Give Barilla Spaghetti a twirl! No doubt it’s the most fun pasta to eat and its delicious texture will please the whole family; Stock up with this pack of 8, 16-ounce boxes of spaghetti
- BARILLA PASTA: Long, golden strands of pasta made with 100% durum wheat and water to deliver great taste and “al dente” texture every time
- CREATE DELICIOUS PASTA MEALS: Pairs well with just about any type of pasta sauce or spaghetti sauce: from a simple tomato sauce to a hearty meat sauce, a chunky vegetable sauce or a creamy carbonara sauce
- COOKS TO PERFECTION EVERY TIME: Perfect pasta in 10-11 minutes
- NON-GMO & KOSHER CERTIFIED PASTA: Barilla Spaghetti pasta is crafted with the highest quality Non-GMO ingredients and is kosher certified