As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Ever heard of zoodles? It’s an absolute trend that’s going through the roof right now. Especially in the low-carb diet it finds great appeal thanks to the low carbohydrates. Here we mix it with homemade original Pesto alla genovese and give the dish a delicious Italian touch!
- Clean the basil leaves with a soft and dry cloth. Peel the garlic and put it in the mortar with some coarse salt.50 g basil, 1 clove garlic, 2 pinches coarse sea salt
- Now work with the pestle until the garlic is finely crushed. Add the basil leaves along with another pinch of coarse salt.
- Now press the basil against the walls of the mortar. While doing so, turn the pestle from left to right and at the same time turn the mortar in the opposite direction (from right to left). Continue until a light green liquid comes out of the basil leaves. At this point, add the pine nuts and process again with the pestle.16 g pine nuts
- Now add the parmesan and pecorino cheese, stirring constantly. To make the pesto even creamier, add the olive oil and mix well until it becomes a nice homogeneous sauce.100 ml olive oil extra virgin, 70 g parmesan cheese, 30 g pecorino cheese
- Wash the zucchini and remove both ends. Then shape them into spaghetti using the spiral cutter. Clean the cherry tomatoes and cut them in half.600 g zucchini, 10 cherry tomatoes
- Place the pesto and zucchini spaghetti in a large bowl and mix well.
- Finally, transfer everything to a large serving platter, garnish with basil and top with halved cherry tomatoes.Buon appetito!
Did you like the zucchini noodles with pesto and tomatoes? Try also this one…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the zucchini noodles with pesto?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.