As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
- 500 g green olives large & pitted
- sunflower oil as needed
- First peel the onion and the carrot. Wash the celery. Then finely chop the vegetables, put them in a large heated pan with olive oil and sauté.
- Roughly dice the beef and pork, add to the pan and sauté briefly. Then deglaze with the white wine and reduce to a simmer. Then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Subsequently, put all in a blender and grind coarsely. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and season to taste with salt, nutmeg and grated lemon zest. Now add the egg, grated Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs, knead into a compact mass and let rest for about 30 minutes.
- After resting, carefully fill the pitted olives with the mixture.
- Then prepare three bowls. In the first put the eggs and whisk thoroughly. Fill the second bowl with enough breadcrumbs and the third with flour.
- Now turn each stuffed olive in the flour, then put them in the beaten egg, let them drain well and then turn them in the breadcrumbs. Then let them rest for half an hour and repeat the process. The double breading makes the olives nice and crispy.
- Once all the olives are breaded, put the sunflower oil in a pot and heat to about 170°C.
- Now fry 5 pieces at a time in the hot oil. Turn them several times with a slotted spoon. Once golden brown on all sides, remove and transfer to a large plate lined with absorbent paper. Tip: To prevent them from cooling too much, until all the olives are fried, put them in the oven to keep warm.
- Then serve the delicious stuffed olives hot and enjoy immediately.Buon appetito!
Do you like my ascolana olives? Here are a few more delicious recipes….
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the ascolana olives?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.