As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Crocchette di patate al formaggio
- First wash the potatoes under running water and remove the soil. Then put them in a large pot with water and cook for about 40 minutes. Then drain and let cool briefly.
- In the meantime, cut the Fontina into thin slices and remove the rind. Then cut the cheese slices into thin oblong strips about 2.5cm long.
- Peel the potatoes while they are still hot and press them into a large bowl with the help of a potato ricer. Then add the grated Parmesan cheese and the egg yolk, season with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Mix everything thoroughly until a soft and dry mass. Now take a portion of dough of about 35g each and transfer to a work surface. Press into a flat pancake and place a strip of the fontina in the center. Then close well and roll gently to obtain the typical shape of the croquettes.
- Then prepare two bowls. In the first, add the eggs, a little salt and whisk thoroughly. Fill the second bowl with enough breadcrumbs.
- Now place each croquette in the beaten egg, drain well and then turn in the breadcrumbs. Then place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Once all the croquettes are breaded, put the sunflower oil in a pot and heat to about 170°C.
- Now fry 3 pieces at a time in the hot oil. Turn several times with a slotted spoon. Once golden brown on all sides, remove and transfer to a large plate lined with absorbent paper. Tip: To prevent them from cooling too much, until all the croquettes are fried, put them in the oven and keep warm.
- Serve the warm potato croquettes with melted cheese filling and enjoy!Buon appetito!
Did you like the cheese croquettes? Here are a few more delicious recipes…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the cheese croquettes?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.