This post is also available in: Deutsch English
This dish will fill your kitchen with a wonderful aroma. You can serve it either as an appetizer, a side dish or even as a main course. No matter which option you choose, your guests and you will definitely enjoy it!
A delicious and simple dish from the oven with a wonderful aroma!
- 500 g feta cheese 2 pieces
- 1 red onion
- 4 tomatoes
- 80 g olives pitted
- olive oil extra virgin
- oregano dried
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F top/bottom heat.
- Wash the tomatoes and remove the stem. Then cut them into thin slices. Peel the onion, halve it lengthwise and then cut it widthwise into thin half slices as well.
- Place the tomato and onion slices in a bowl with the pitted olives. Drizzle with a good dash of olive oil, salt to taste and mix thoroughly but gently. Let marinate for a few minutes.
- Now prepare a small casserole dish for each serving. Drizzle the bottom of each with a small splash of olive oil and cover with the previously marinated tomato slices.
- Place half a feta in the center of each dish on top of the tomatoes and spread the onion rings and olives evenly all around. Sprinkle with dried oregano to taste and drizzle everything with a nice dash of olive oil.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 60 minutes at 180°C/360°F until the surface of the feta is nice and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot.Buon appetito!
This dish also makes a wonderful main course. You can serve it with fresh ciabatta and a mixed salad!
Serving: 280gCalories: 177kcal (9%)Carbohydrates: 2.5g (1%)Protein: 9.4g (19%)Fat: 14.3g (22%)
Well, did you like the baked feta and tomatoes? Here are a few more nice recipes…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the baked feta and tomatoes?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.