As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Spaetzle di spinaci con panna e speck
- First, rinse and clean the spinach leaves under running water. Then cook in a pan with the lid closed on medium heat until it is well collapsed.
- Then place in a large bowl and blend with a hand blender until it is creamy. Now add the eggs and water and mix thoroughly with a whisk. Season with a pinch of salt and nutmeg.
- At this point, add the flour a little at a time and carefully work it into the spinach mixture with a wooden spoon to create a lump-free mixture.
- Next, bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- In the meantime, heat a large frying pan with the butter and a dash of olive oil. Cut the bacon into bite-sized pieces, add to the pan and fry until crispy, about 3 minutes.
- Then deglaze with the cream, season with finely chopped chives, salt and pepper and allow to thicken over moderate heat to a creamy sauce.
- As soon as the water boils, place the spaetzle slicer on the pot and pour the spaetzle mixture into the slicer's container. Now move it back and forth evenly so that the dough falls through the holes into the boiling water.
- The spaetzle are cooked as soon as they rise to the surface. Then immediately remove with the help of a slotted spoon and drain directly into the pan with the bacon cream sauce.
- Now just mix everything thoroughly and let it rest briefly. Finally, arrange in portions on deep plates, season with a pinch of pepper and serve hot.Buon appetitio!
Do you like the tyrolean spinach spaetzle? Here are a few more delicious recipes…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the spinach spaetzle?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.