Gnocchi di Spinaci
- First, fill a large pot with plenty of cold water and put the potatoes in it. Then bring to a boil on high heat and simmer for about 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes. To check if the potatoes are soft enough, simply pierce them with a knife. If the knife slides easily to the middle of the potatoes, they are ready.
- In the meantime, prepare the spinach. To do this, bring another pot of water to a boil with a pinch of salt. Rinse and clean the spinach leaves under running water. Then add to the boiling water and cook until soft.
- Then drain the cooked spinach in a sieve and squeeze thoroughly. Allow to cool briefly, place on a board and chop very finely.
- Now drain the cooked potatoes, let cool briefly and peel. Pile the flour on the work surface. Press the potatoes directly onto the pile of flour using a potato ricer.
- Now add the chopped spinach to the pile of flour and potatoes together with a pinch of salt. Mix everything thoroughly with your hands until a soft compact green dough is formed.
- Then take part of the dough and roll out with your fingertips until the thickness reaches about 2 cm. Then cut the dough roll into pieces again about 2 cm long.
- If you want to give the gnocchi the typical groove shape, proceed as follows: Pull the gnocchi pieces with light pressure over the gnocchi board. Instead of the gnocchi board, a fork can also be used for this purpose.
- Then place each finished gnocchi on a floured tea towel. To cook the gnocchi, simply place them in boiling salted water. As soon as they rise to the surface, they are ready to eat.
Do you like the spinach gnocchi? Here are a few more delicious recipes….
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the spinach gnocchi?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.