Gnocchi con zucca al forno
And another wonderful dish for cold autumn days. For this we spice up the famous gnocchi alla sorrentina recipe a bit, adding a few nice ingredients and plenty of pumpkin. Let’s get started right away!
- Peel and halve the pumpkin, remove the seeds and then cut into small cubes. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat some olive oil in a pot and sauté the pumpkin, onion and garlic in it.
- Then deglaze with the white wine and allow to reduce briefly. Fill up with the vegetable broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F top/bottom heat (160°C/320°F convection oven).
- Add the chopped tomatoes and liquid cream to the pot and simmer on low heat for another 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add the gnocchi to the sauce, mix well and let rest briefly. Then put it all in a sufficiently large casserole dish. Cut the mozzarella into slices and spread evenly over the casserole. Now bake in the oven (middle rack) for about 25 minutes. Once the mozzarella has taken on a golden brown color and the pumpkin is nice and soft, remove and let cool briefly.
- Finally, arrange on deep plates, garnish with freshly chopped parsley to taste and serve.Buon appetito!
We hope you enjoyed the baked gnocchi with pumpkin! Here are a few more delicious recipes …
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the baked gnocchi with pumpkin?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.