Gnocchi di spinaci con gamberi in salsa di formaggio
- First, fill a large pot with plenty of cold water and put the potatoes in it. Then bring to a boil on high heat and simmer for about 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes. To check if the potatoes are soft enough, simply pierce them with a knife. If the knife slides easily to the middle of the potatoes, they are ready.
- In the meantime, prepare the spinach. To do this, bring another pot of water to a boil with a pinch of salt. Rinse and clean the spinach leaves under running water. Then add to the boiling water and cook until soft.
- Then drain the cooked spinach in a sieve and squeeze thoroughly. Allow to cool briefly, place on a board and chop very finely.
- Now drain the cooked potatoes, let cool briefly and peel. Pile the flour on the work surface. Press the potatoes directly onto the pile of flour using a potato ricer.
- Now add the chopped spinach to the pile of flour and potatoes together with a pinch of salt. Mix everything thoroughly with your hands until a soft compact green dough is formed.
- Then take part of the dough and roll out with your fingertips until the thickness reaches about 2 cm. Then cut the dough roll into pieces again about 2 cm long.
- If you want to give the gnocchi the typical groove shape, proceed as follows: Pull the gnocchi pieces with light pressure over the gnocchi board. Instead of the gnocchi board, a fork can also be used for this purpose.
- Then place each finished gnocchi on a floured tea towel.
- Clean the shrimp and remove the intestines if necessary.
- Peel the garlic. Heat a pan with a little olive oil and briefly sweat the whole garlic in it. Add the shrimp and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Then remove and set aside.
- First remove the rind from the Taleggio. Then cut into small cubes. Pour the cream into a large pan. Add the cheese cubes as well and let them melt on low heat. Season with salt and pepper and continue to simmer on low heat until the sauce has thickened nicely.
- In the meantime, place the gnocchi in a large pot of boiling salted water. As soon as they rise to the surface, remove them with a slotted spoon, drain well and add them directly to the sauce. Now also add the fried shrimp, mix everything thoroughly and let it rest for a minute.
- Serve the Spinach Gnocchi with shtimps in cheese sauce in portions in deep plates and serve immediately.Buon appetito!
Do you like my spinach gnocchi with shrimps in cheese sauce? Here are a few more delicious recipes….
Recommendation for spinach gnocchi with shrimps
Gnocchi Boards and Wooden Butter Paddles to Easily Create Authentic Homemade Pasta and Butter Without Sticking – Set of 2 Makers – 9.5 inches
DESIGNED BY MAKERS FOR MAKERS – The best features of our favorite antique gnocchi board and butter paddles went in to make these more comfortable to hold with wide blades and deeper grooves for grip and even straps to hang them in your kitchen.