Gnocchi al pomodoro e mozzarella
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the whole garlic cloves until translucent. Deglaze with the chopped tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and simmer over a gentle heat for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally during this process.
- In the meantime, bring a pot with plenty of salted water to a boil. Drain the mozzarella and cut into small cubes.
- When the water reaches boiling point, add the gnocchi.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the sauce. Add the basil to the sauce and mix everything well.
- As soon as the gnocchi rise to the surface, skim them off and add them directly to the tomato sauce in the pan and mix gently.
- Place the gnocchi with tomato sauce in portions in deep plates, spread the diced mozzarella on top and serve immediately.Buon appetito!
We hope you enjoyed the gnocchi with tomato sauce and mozzarella! Here are some more delicious recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the gnocchi with tomato sauce?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.