Filetto di passera di mare su riduzione di arancia con patate lesse
This delicious fish dish with a nice orange reduction is especially good when it has to go a little faster. Even for the inexperienced, the preparation is very simple.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into quarters and cook in boiling salted water for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash the plaice fillets thoroughly and pat dry. Remove bones if necessary. Then sprinkle with lemon juice all around and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put some flour in a deep plate and turn the fish fillets in it.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Gently fry the fillets in it over medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove the fish and keep warm.
- Add the orange liqueur to the hot pan and boil down briefly. Squeeze the orange and add the juice together with the vegetable broth or fish stock and reduce to about ½ the amount of liquid.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cold butter to give the reduction a creamy consistency.
- Finally, arrange the fillets together with the potatoes on a nice plate and drizzle with the reduction. Garnish with parsley if desired.
What do you think of the plaice fillet? Here are some more nice recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the plaice fillet?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.