Filetto di merluzzo con gnocchetti sardi in salsa di arancia e amaretto
This delicious fish dish comes with a nice sauce of orange juice, amaretto and cream. To accompany it we serve a delicious little pasta.
- Wash the cod fillets thoroughly and pat dry. Remove bones if necessary. Then sprinkle with lemon juice all around and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put some flour in a deep plate and turn the fish fillets in it.
- Cook the gnocchetti in a large pot with plenty of salted water until al dente.
- In the meantime, heat the butter in a large frying pan. Gently fry the fillets in it over medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side. Then remove the fish and keep warm in the oven at 70°C/160°F.
- Add the vegetable broth or fish stock, Arancello and freshly squeezed orange juice to the pan and bring to a boil. Then reduce to half the amount of liquid.
- Then add liquid cream and amaretto and continue to simmer.
- Drain the finished pasta, then add it directly to the sauce in the pan and mix thoroughly.
- Finally, arrange the fillets together with the pasta and the sauce on a nice plate and garnish with chives if desired.Buon appetito!
Do you like the cod fillet recipe? Here are some more nice dishes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the cod fillet?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.