As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Risotto ai piselli
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Melt ⅔ of the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and onion and sauté briefly.
- Now add the rice to the pot and lightly toast it, stirring constantly and on high heat. Then deglaze with a ladle of broth and reduce the heat. Simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Then keep adding a little broth and stir constantly. Once the broth is almost completely absorbed, repeat the process. This should take about 20 to 25 minutes in total. The rice should end up tender but still somewhat firm to the bite. About halfway through, add the peas and a few leaves of finely chopped mint to taste.
- Then remove the pot from the heat. Add the grated Parmesan cheese and the remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper, mix thoroughly and let stand briefly.
- Arrange the risotto in bowls or deep plates, garnish with a leaf of mint and serve immediately.Buon appetito!
If you liked the pea risotto, you may also like these beautiful recipes…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the pea risotto?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.