As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Pasta with potatoes
Are you ready for a culinary journey into traditional Italian cuisine? Our recipe for pasta e patate will take you on a flavorful journey that will bring warmth and heartiness to your plate.
This pasta is a hearty, warming dish that is very popular in many Italian households. It combines the simple but delicious ingredients of pasta, potatoes, carrots, celery and pancetta, infused with flavors of spices and parmesan.
What makes this dish so special is its versatility and its roots in traditional Cucina Povera, the “poor cuisine” of Italy. The combination of pasta and potatoes provides a rich, filling meal that gives a comforting feeling of home.
- First prepare the vegetables. To do this, peel and finely chop the celery, carrots and onion.100 g celery, 100 g carrots, 1 onion
- Then peel and wash the potatoes and cut into small cubes.500 g potatoes
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a large, high-sided pan. Cut the pancetta into small pieces and gently fry in the pan for a few minutes.120 g pancetta (Italian bacon)
- Then add the chopped vegetables and potatoes and sauté for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally. Then add the rosemary, a piece of parmesan rind and the tomato paste and mix everything thoroughly.1 sprig rosemary, 20 g tomato paste
- Then deglaze with the hot water, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 30 minutes over a low heat with the lid on.600 ml water
- Then add the mixed pasta, pour in more hot water and bring to the boil. Cook the pasta, stirring occasionally, until it is al dente.400 g pasta mista, 250 ml water
- Finally, remove the rosemary and rind. Transfer the pasta to deep plates, sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese, drizzle with a drizzle of olive oil and serve hot.Buon appetito!
Similar recipes to pasta e patate
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.