This post is also available in: Deutsch English Italiano
Marmellata di arance
This Italian orange marmalade is a delicious breakfast topping and a great way to enjoy the wonderful flavors of sweet oranges. The marmalade is made from fresh oranges, some zest and sugar. It has a thick, spreadable consistency. So perfect for all breads and toasts. It is also excellent as a dip for delicious cheese. The vibrant bright color and refreshing taste make it a real highlight on any breakfast table. In this recipe, you’ll learn how to easily make your own Italian orange marmalade and bring the sun of Italy to your table.
- 2 kg oranges organic
- 700 g sugar
- First, wash the oranges thoroughly. Then peel and remove the white parts. Now cut approx. 40g (1.5oz) of the peel into fine short strips and set aside.2 kg oranges
- Cut the flesh in half first and then quarter the halves.
- Now put the orange cubes in a pot with the sugar and let them rest for an hour.700 g sugar
- Then heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil once.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the jam on low for about 60 minutes. Stir occasionally during this process.
- After that, puree the jam with a hand blender. Now add the strips of peel and mix thoroughly.
- The jam is now ready and can be enjoyed.Buon appetito!
Did you like the orange jam? Then you might also like these delicious dishes…
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.