As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Pasticcini di mandorle
The Italian almond cookies, a typical Sicilian specialty, is characterized by a crispy shell and a soft, moist core. Only five ingredients are needed to prepare them: Almonds or almond flour, sugar, egg whites, some lemon zest and a few drops of almond flavor. With this simple recipe, handed down for generations, you can make deliciously fragrant almond cookies that are simply irresistible!
Making Italian almond cookies is easy, but it takes a few little tricks to make them as good at home as they are in the original. A successful almond pastry exudes the unmistakable scent of almonds, is slightly aromatic on the outside and pleasantly moist on the inside.
For this recipe to succeed, it is essential to use high-quality almond flour. This can be purchased ready-made or easily made at home by finely grinding the shelled almonds.
Traditionally, the pastry is decorated with only one almond in the center. However, there are numerous variations in different shapes, decorated with dried and candied fruits such as pine nuts, pistachios or candied cherries.
Just try our original recipe for Sicilian almond pastry at your home and you will see, it will be a complete success!
- First preheat the static oven to 200°C/390°F. Put the almond flour and sugar in a large bowl and mix.150 g almond flour, 80 g sugar
- Place the egg whites in another bowl and beat with a hand mixer until foamy. Drizzle the almond flavor into the beaten egg whites and stir in.2 egg white, 3 drops almond flavor
- Now add the beaten egg whites and the lemon zest to the flour and fold in. Mix until a smooth and sticky dough is formed.½ lemon peel
- Now divide the dough into 10 pieces of equal size and have a baking tray lined with baking paper ready.
- Now form each piece of dough into a ball and turn it in a bowl of sugar. Then place them on the baking paper with enough space between them and flatten them slightly. Carefully press a peeled almond into the center of each cookie.10 almonds
- Now bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Make sure that the pastry remains slightly whitish.
- Finally, remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- The delicious almond pastry from Sicily is now ready to enjoy.Buon appetito!