Here I would like to present you my version of the famous Florentine cookies. Even though they were invented in France, not in Italy, I would like to have them in my collection. Because they taste just unbelievably good! I hope you like my recipe for them!
- Put the flour, sugar, softened butter and vanilla sugar in the mixing bowl of the stand mixer and mix thoroughly with the dough hook until a smooth dough is formed.
- Then wrap in foil and put in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- After the cooling time, preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F top/bottom heat.
- Prepare a baking tray lined with baking paper. Place the dough on a floured work surface and roll out. Then cut out small pieces of dough with any cookie cutter and place them on the tray with enough space between them.
- Place honey and sugar in a small saucepan and heat gently. Add the liquid cream, stir thoroughly and simmer for 5 minutes. Then mix in the flaked almonds.
- Now carefully transfer the hot mixture onto the cookies with a teaspoon.
- Then bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- Finally, remove, let cool and enjoy.
- Buon appetito!
Did you like Florentine cookies? Here are some more delicious recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the florentine cookies?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.