Gnocchi di zucca
Delicious little gnocchi from potatoes and pumpkin
- First, fill a large pot with plenty of cold water and put the potatoes in it. Then bring to a boil over high heat and simmer for about 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes. To check if the potatoes are soft enough, simply pierce them with a knife. If the knife slides easily to the middle of the potatoes, they are ready.
- In the meantime, prepare the pumpkin. To do this, quarter the pumpkin, remove the seeds and the inner strings. Also remove the outer shell with the help of a knife or peeler.
- Now cut the pumpkin quarters into thin slices and place them on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Then place in the preheated oven for approx. 15 minutes at 200°C/400°F top/bottom heat.
- Now drain the finished potatoes, let cool briefly and peel. Pile the flour on the work surface. Press the potatoes directly onto the pile of flour using a potato ricer.
- Now put the hot pumpkin in the potato ricer and also press it on the pile of flour and potatoes. Season with the salt, a pinch of pepper and nutmeg. Now briefly mix and knead with your hands and form a hollow. Crack the egg into a small bowl, whisk and pour into the hollow.
- Now knead the mass as quickly as possible into a smooth dough. Then sprinkle the potato starch, knead again and form into a ball. Then cover with a tea towel and let rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- After the resting period, take a part of the dough and roll it out with your fingertips on a lightly floured work surface until the thickness reaches about 2cm/¾in. Then cut the dough roll into pieces, again about 2cm/¾in long.
- If you want to have the gnocchi with the typical groove shape, proceed as follows: Pull the gnocchi pieces with light pressure over the gnocchi board. Instead of the gnocchi board, a fork can also be used.
- Pplace each finished gnocchi on a floured cloth. Then put them in boiling salted water. As soon as they rise to the surface, they are ready to eat.
To intensify the flavor of the pumpkin, prepare the gnocchi best with melted butter and sage.
Calories: 255kcal (13%)Carbohydrates: 54g (18%)Protein: 10g (20%)Fat: 1g (2%)Saturated fatty acids: 1g (5%)
Do you like my pumpkin gnocchi? Here are a few more delicious recipes….
Are you still missing a few ingredients?
brings it directly to your home!
Huge selection from over 300,000 items, including fresh foods!