As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Gnocchi di zucca
Are you ready for a culinary adventure with the autumnal taste of pumpkin? Our recipe for Pumpkin Gnocchi will take you into the world of handmade, succulent gnocchi with a hint of warmth and spice.
These gnocchi are a hearty delicacy and add an autumnal twist to the classic gnocchi recipe. The addition of pumpkin creates gnocchi with a slight sweetness and a hint of nutmeg that melts in your mouth.
Whether you’re craving a comforting fall dish or want to enjoy your love of pumpkin to the fullest, our Pumpkin Gnocchi is sure to delight. Grab your chef’s apron and let’s dive into the delicious world of pumpkin gnocchi together! Enjoy your meal!
- First, fill a large pot with plenty of cold water and put the potatoes in it. Then bring to a boil over high heat and simmer for about 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes. To check if the potatoes are soft enough, simply pierce them with a knife. If the knife slides easily to the middle of the potatoes, they are ready.
- In the meantime, prepare the pumpkin. To do this, quarter the pumpkin, remove the seeds and the inner strings. Also remove the outer shell with the help of a knife or peeler.
- Now cut the pumpkin quarters into thin slices and place them on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Then place in the preheated oven for approx. 15 minutes at 200°C/400°F top/bottom heat.
- Now drain the finished potatoes, let cool briefly and peel. Pile the flour on the work surface. Press the potatoes directly onto the pile of flour using a potato ricer.
- Now put the hot pumpkin in the potato ricer and also press it on the pile of flour and potatoes. Season with the salt, a pinch of pepper and nutmeg. Now briefly mix and knead with your hands and form a hollow. Crack the egg into a small bowl, whisk and pour into the hollow.
- Now knead the mass as quickly as possible into a smooth dough. Then sprinkle the potato starch, knead again and form into a ball. Then cover with a tea towel and let rest for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- After the resting period, take a part of the dough and roll it out with your fingertips on a lightly floured work surface until the thickness reaches about 2cm/¾in. Then cut the dough roll into pieces, again about 2cm/¾in long.
- If you want to have the gnocchi with the typical groove shape, proceed as follows: Pull the gnocchi pieces with light pressure over the gnocchi board. Instead of the gnocchi board, a fork can also be used.
- Pplace each finished gnocchi on a floured cloth. Then put them in boiling salted water. As soon as they rise to the surface, they are ready to eat.
Similar recipes to pumpkin gnocchi
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.