This post is also available in: English Deutsch
Frittelle di zucchine
Fancy a vegetarian dish that is not only brilliantly simple and delicious, but also inexpensive? Or you have too many zucchini in the garden and do not know where to put them? Then this delicious fried zucchini balls could be the solution.
Super delicious fried balls of zucchini – perfect as a snack & side dish!
- 400 g zucchini
- 250 g wheat flour type 405
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- 2 g dry yeast
- 200 ml water lukewarm
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- sunflower oil for deep frying
- Wash the zucchini and remove the ends. Grate finely with a kitchen grater, place in a large colander and salt lightly. Place a bowl underneath to catch the liquid. Now place a plate on top of the grated zucchini, weigh it down with a weight and let it drain for about an hour. This will remove any excess water.400 g zucchini
- Then, using a wooden spoon, squeeze out the remaining water and place the drained zucchini in a bowl.
- Add the wheat flour, yeast, parmesan and water to the bowl as well.250 g wheat flour, 50 g parmesan cheese, 2 g dry yeast, 200 ml water
- Season with salt and pepper and mix everything very thoroughly with a wooden spoon. A slightly viscous and sticky mixture should now have formed. Cover with a cloth and let rest for 2 hours at room temperature.salt, pepper
- After resting, heat the sunflower oil in a large pot.sunflower oil
- Once the oil is nice and hot, take a tablespoonful of the zucchini mixture for each ball and place it in the oil bath with the help of a second spoon. Fry the balls for about 3 to 4 minutes, turning several times with a slotted spoon. Once they have turned a nice golden brown color all around, remove them with the slotted spoon and drain the finished balls briefly on a paper towel.
- Finally, arrange them all on a large plate and serve hot!Buon appetito!
Calories: 111kcal (6%)Carbohydrates: 8g (3%)Protein: 1.8g (4%)Fat: 8.9g (14%)Saturated fatty acids: 1.9g (10%)
Did you like the fried zucchini balls? Then this might be something for you too…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for your recipes?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.