As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Polpette di melanzane
Are you ready for a special kind of taste experience? Our recipe for eggplant polpette will delight you with its delicious combination of juicy eggplant, tangy Parmesan cheese and fine herbs and spices.
The elongated eggplant polpette, which resemble croquettes in shape, are a vegetarian version of the classic Italian meatballs. In this recipe, we use eggplant as the main ingredient to whip up delicious, hearty polpette. They are crispy on the outside and nice and juicy on the inside.
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking for a delicious meatless alternative, our polpette will surprise you. We’ll show you how to easily make them yourself at home. Get ready for the delicious flavors of Mediterranean cuisine!
- First wash the eggplants and remove the stalk. Then cut them into rough cubes and put them in a bowl.500 g eggplants
- Dice the stale bread, put it in a bowl, pour the milk, mix thoroughly and let it soak for about 10 minutes.300 g stale bread, 50 ml milk
- In the meantime, place a large pot on the stove and fill halfway with water. Once the water boils, add the eggplants and blanch for about 8 minutes. Then drain in a colander and let cool.
- Thoroughly squeeze the cooked and cooled eggplant cubes to squeeze the water out of them.
- Now put the basil, parsley and garlic in the blender with the eggplant and coarsely blend. Then transfer to a large bowl.1 clove garlic, 5 g basil, 2 g parsley
- Add the grated parmesan cheese, as well as the eggs and the soaked bread to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix everything thoroughly with your hands.2 eggs, 100 g parmesan cheese
- Now use your hands to form 4 to 5cm (1.5 to 2 in) long polpette. Then turn in the breadcrumbs on all sides.
- Heat enough sunflower oil in a large frying pan and fry the polpette on all sides for about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Then remove and place on a plate lined with kitchen paper and drain briefly.
- The delicious fried polpette are now ready to be served hot or cold.Buon appetito!
Similar recipes to eggplant polpette
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.