As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Polpette di carote
Would you like a tasty and healthy alternative to the classic meatballs? Then our “Polpette di carote” (carrot balls) are just the thing for you! Our simple but refined recipe from the Italian kitchen will enchant your taste buds. These juicy golden brown baked carrot balls are not only a treat for your taste buds, but also a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet. Let’s dive into the world of “Polpette di carote” and find out how you can prepare this culinary masterpiece at home.
- First, bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- In the meantime, peel and finely dice the carrots and potatoes. Then add to the boiling water and cook for a few minutes until the vegetables are slightly soft. Then drain and leave to cool.400 g carrots, 200 g potatoes
- Meanwhile, grate the parmesan cheese and finely chop the parsley and spring onion. Equip the straining mill with the middle sieve insert and place it on a sufficiently large bowl. Preheat the static oven to 180°C/360°F.20 g parmesan cheese, 1 stick spring onions
- Now turn the lukewarm carrot and potato cubes through the straining mill. (Alternatively, these can also be mashed with a fork).
- Then add the breadcrumbs, grated parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and spring onion to the mixture. Season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg and mix thoroughly.30 g breadcrumbs
- Now take a handful of the mixture at a time and form into balls or patties with your hands and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Drizzle the carrot balls with a little olive oil and place in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Turn once halfway through the baking time.
- Remove the golden brown baked balls from the oven and serve immediately hot.Buon appetito!
Similar recipes like carrot balls
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.