Polpette di patate
Delicious fried balls of potatoes.
- First wash the potatoes under running water and remove the soil. Put them in a large pot with water and cook for about 40 minutes. Then drain and let cool briefly.
- Peel the potatoes while they are still hot and press them into a large bowl using a potato ricer. Grate the parmesan and caciocavallo cheese. Then add to the potatoes together with the egg yolk and season with salt, pepper and freshly chopped parsley.
- Now mix everything thoroughly until a soft and dry mass is formed. Now take a portion of dough of about 25g/0.9oz each and form into small balls.
- Then prepare two bowls. In the first, add the eggs, salt a little and whisk thoroughly. Fill the second bowl with enough breadcrumbs.
- Now place each ball in the beaten egg, drain well and then turn in the breadcrumbs. Then place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Once all the balls are formed, put the sunflower oil in a pot and heat it to about 170°C/340°F.
- Now fry a few pieces at a time in the hot oil. Turn several times with a slotted spoon. As soon as they are golden brown all over, remove and transfer to a large plate lined with absorbent paper. Tip: To prevent them from cooling too much, until all the balls are fried, put them in the oven on keep warm.
- Then serve the fried balls of potatoes warm and enjoy!Buon appetito!
Calories: 55kcal (3%)Carbohydrates: 6g (2%)Protein: 3g (6%)Fat: 2g (3%)Saturated fatty acids: 1g (5%)Trans fatty acids: 1gCholesterol: 28mg (9%)
Do you like my potato balls? Here are a few more delicious recipes….
Are you still missing a few ingredients?
brings it directly to your home!
Huge selection from over 300,000 items, including fresh foods!