This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Pasta lumberjack style
My small variation of the popular dish from Italy will bring the wonderful scent of the forest directly into your kitchen. For this we add fresh mushrooms to the pasta. To get a nice creamy sauce, we add an extra dollop of cream to the tomato sauce. Add some smoked bacon, fresh parsley and a few spices and we can enjoy this fantastic pasta.
Tip: How you make a vegetarian / or vegan version of it, I’ ll show you under the recipe instructions 😉
- 400 g penne
- 125 g smoked bacon
- 100 g porcini mushrooms or
- 20 g dried porcini mushrooms (shop here)
- 200 g mushrooms
- 100 ml liquid cream
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion
- olive oil extra virgin
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- parsley to taste
- Thoroughly clean the fresh porcini mushrooms and mushrooms and slice them (put dried porcini mushrooms in a bowl, cover with boiling water and let them steep for 15 minutes). Peel and finely chop the onion. Dice the bacon and finely chop the parsley.
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, put the bacon (without oil) in a frying pan and fry over low heat until the fat is slightly translucent and the meat is crispy. Then put it in a bowl and set aside.
- Now add a dash of olive oil to the same pan and lightly sauté the onions over medium heat. Then add porcini and mushrooms and lightly sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Now cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Deglaze the mushrooms with the chopped tomatoes and simmer for another 5 minutes. Then add the liquid cream and bacon to the sauce and season with salt and pepper. Continue to simmer gently.
- Drain the finished penne and then add directly to the pan. Add the chopped parsley and mix everything thoroughly.
- Finally, arrange on deep plates and serve hot.Buon appetito!
We hope you enjoyed the boscaiola pasta! Here are a few more delicious recipes for you…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the boscaiola pasta?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.