As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Risotto al pomodoro e mozzarella
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion in it over a gentle heat until translucent.
- Add the rice and stir-fry lightly for 1 minute. Add the strained tomatoes and mix everything thoroughly.
- Now add a ladle of vegetable broth and reduce the heat. Simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Then keep adding a little broth and stir constantly. Once the broth is almost completely absorbed, repeat the process. This should take about 20 minutes in total. The rice should be tender but still somewhat firm to the bite.
- Then remove the pot from the heat. Cut the mozzarella into small cubes and add to the risotto. Add a dash of olive oil, a pinch of marjoram and salt. Mix everything thoroughly until the mozzarella is completely melted.
- Put the risotto in bowls or deep plates, garnish with basil and enjoy hot.Buon appetito!
If you liked my tomato and mozzarella risotto, you may also like these beautiful recipes…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the tomato and mozzarella risotto?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.