Pizza with black truffle
Do you feel like a delicious pizza today? Then let’s bake together a nice pizza with fine black truffle and thyme.
- 200 g wheat flour type 405 (pastry flour/type 405)
- 270 g flour 00 (Pizza flour)
- 30 g durum wheat semolina
- 300 ml water lukewarm
- 35 ml olive oil extra virgin
- 10 g salt
- 5 g fresh yeast
- 500 g San Marzano tomatoes passed
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 balls mozzarella cheese
- black truffle to taste
- thyme to taste
- Add the yeast to the lukewarm water and dissolve. Put the wheat flour, 00 flour, durum wheat semolina and salt in the mixing bowl of the stand mixer and let knead with the dough hook on the lowest speed.
- Gradually add the yeast water. Then add the oil as well. Let the dough knead for at least 7 minutes. The longer, the better.
- Once the dough has a nice smooth surface and there are no more dough scraps hanging from the mixing bowl, turn off the machine. Release the dough from the hook, shape it into a ball and return it to the bowl. Cover with a cloth and let rest for at least 2 hours.
- Tip: The longer the dough can rest, the better it will be! It is best to prepare the pizza dough a day in advance and then let it rest in the refrigerator, covered with a cloth. Then take the dough out about 3 hours before preparation and let it rest covered at room temperature.
- After resting, transfer the dough to a floured work surface, divide into 4 pieces and form each into balls. Cover everything again with a cloth and let rest for another 30 minutes.
- Put the passed tomatoes, salt, pepper, olive oil and oregano in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C (500°F) top/bottom heat.
- Fry the mozzarella with your hands into small pieces or cut into slices. Slice the black truffle very thinly.
- Roll out the dough on a floured baking paper and then place it on a baking sheet. Pour some of the tomato sauce on the pizza dough and cover with the mozzarella. Then place the finely chopped truffle on top and garnish with thyme to taste.
- Then bake for about 10 minutes at 250°C (500°F) top/bottom heat on the lowest rack.
- Serve the pizza immediately after baking and enjoy hot.Buon appetito!
Do you like my truffle pizza? Here are a few more delicious pizza ideas….
Recommendation for the truffle pizza
Ooni Koda 12 Gas Pizza Oven – Award Winning Outdoor Pizza Oven – Portable Gas Pizza Oven For Authentic Stone Baked Pizzas – A Great Addition For Any Outdoor Kitchen
The Ooni pizza oven is much more than a pizza cooker – use your pizza ovens to roast meat, fish and vegetables
Convenient: Ooni Koda is can fire up in 15 minutes and cook 13″ pizzas simply by turning a dial
Gas-powered: the built-in gas ignition means instant flames, with an adjustable heat control dial for effortless cooking
Ooni pizza ovens are designed for outdoor cooking and the new gas pizza oven – Ooni Koda – is the perfect outdoor oven
High heats: the insulated steel shell means optimum heat retention, so Ooni Koda is ready to go within 15 minutes