Calabrian style pizza
Are you in the mood for a delicious pizza today? Then let’s bake together a nice classic Calabrian pizza with pickled anchovy fillets and capers.
A delicious spicy Calabrian pizza with anchovies and capers!
Amount 4 servings
- 200 g wheat flour (pastry flour/type 405)
- 270 g flour 00 (Pizza flour)
- 30 g durum wheat semolina
- 300 ml water lauwarm
- 35 ml olive oil extra virgin
- 10 g salt
- 5 g fresh yeast fresh
- 500 g San Marzano tomatoes passed
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 Balls mozzarella cheese
- 16 Pieces anchovy fillets in oil
- 4 tbsp capers
- chili oil
- Add the yeast to the lukewarm water and dissolve. Put the wheat flour, 00 flour, durum wheat semolina and salt in the mixing bowl of the food processor and let knead with the dough hook on the lowest speed.
- Gradually add the yeast water. Then add the oil as well. Let the dough knead for at least 7 minutes. The longer, the better.
- Once the dough has a nice smooth surface and there are no more dough scraps hanging from the mixing bowl, turn off the machine. Release the dough from the hook, shape it into a ball and return it to the bowl. Cover with a cloth and let rest for at least 2 hours.
- Tip: The longer the dough can rest, the better it will be! It is best to prepare the pizza dough a day in advance and then let it rest in the refrigerator, covered with a cloth. Then take the dough out about 3 hours before preparation and let it rest covered at room temperature.
- After resting, transfer the dough to a floured work surface, divide into pieces of about 250g and form each into balls. Cover everything again with a cloth and let rest for another 30 minutes.
- Put the strained tomatoes, salt, pepper, olive oil and oregano in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C (500°F) top/bottom heat.
- Fry the mozzarella with your hands into small pieces or cut into slices. Drain the anchovy fillets in oil, as well as the capers well.
- Roll out each piece of dough on a floured work surface and then transfer to a baking sheet. Pour some of the tomato sauce on top and spread evenly. Leave about 1cm of the edge free. Top generously with mozzarella. Then top evenly with the anchovies and capers. Drizzle with hot chili oil if desired.
- Then bake for about 10 minutes at 250°C (500°F) top/bottom heat on the lowest rack.
- Serve the pizza immediately after baking and enjoy hot.Buon appetito!
By “pulling” the dough and not rolling it out, more air remains in the dough. This makes the pizza dough nice and fluffy during baking. For best results, use a pizza stone (lowest rack) for your oven. Turn up the oven temperature as high as possible for top/bottom heat. The hotter, the better. The pizza will be ready after about 6 to 7 minutes (depending on the oven and temperature). You will be thrilled with the result!
Calories: 566kcal (28%)Carbohydrates: 101g (34%)Protein: 16g (32%)Fat: 11g (17%)Saturated fatty acids: 2g (10%)Cholesterol: 3mg (1%)