As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
A classic roman pizza
Are you in the mood for a delicious pizza today? Then let’s bake together a nice classic Roman pizza with pickled anchovy fillets and mozzarella.
- 500 g San Marzano tomatoes passed
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Add the yeast to the lukewarm water and dissolve. Put the wheat flour, 00 flour, durum wheat semolina and salt in the mixing bowl of the food processor and let knead with the dough hook on the lowest speed.
- Gradually add the yeast water. Then add the oil as well. Let the dough knead for at least 7 minutes. The longer, the better.
- Once the dough has a nice smooth surface and there are no more dough scraps hanging from the mixing bowl, turn off the machine. Release the dough from the hook, shape it into a ball and return it to the bowl. Cover with a cloth and let rest for at least 2 hours.
- Tip: The longer the dough can rest, the better it will be! It is best to prepare the pizza dough a day in advance and then let it rest in the refrigerator, covered with a cloth. Then take the dough out about 3 hours before preparation and let it rest covered at room temperature.
- After resting, transfer the dough to a floured work surface, divide into pieces of about 250g and form each into balls. Cover everything again with a cloth and let rest for another 30 minutes.
- Put the strained tomatoes, salt, pepper, olive oil and oregano in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C (500°F) top/bottom heat.
- Fry the mozzarella with your hands into small pieces or cut into slices. Drain the anchovy fillets well in oil.
- Roll out each piece of dough on a floured work surface and then transfer to a baking sheet. Pour some of the tomato sauce on top and spread evenly. Leave about 1cm of the edge free. Top generously with mozzarella. Then top evenly with the anchovies and drizzle a few dashes of olive oil over the top.
- Then bake for about 10 minutes at 250°C (500°F) top/bottom heat on the lowest rack.
- Serve the pizza immediately after baking and enjoy hot.Buon appetito!
What did you think of the Romana Pizza? Here are a few more delicious pizza ideas….
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the Romana pizza?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.