This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Have you ever thought of deep-frying a pizza? You will be surprised how delicious this dish tastes! In Campania this dish is part of the culinary tradition and maybe soon it will be yours too. Let’s get started!
Small fried pizzas with delicious taste!
- 700 g flour 00 (Pizza flour)
- 4 g fresh yeast
- 500 ml water lukewarm
- 20 g salt
- 700 g chopped tomatoes
- 70 g parmesan cheese (shop here)
- 20 leaves basil
- 1 clove garlic
- oregano to taste
- olive oil extra virgin to taste
- sunflower oil for frying
- Add the yeast to the lukewarm water and dissolve. Add the 00 flour and salt to the mixing bowl of the stand mixer and knead with the dough hook on the lowest setting.
- Add the yeast water little by little. Let the dough knead for at least 7 minutes. The longer, the better.
- Once the dough has a nice smooth surface and there are no more dough scraps hanging from the mixing bowl, turn off the machine. Release the dough from the hook, shape it into a ball and return it to the bowl. Cover with a cloth and let rest for at least 2 hours.
- After resting, transfer the dough to a floured work surface. Cut out pieces of about 50g/2oz each, shape into small balls and place on a large tray. Cover again with a cloth and let rest for another 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. To do this, heat a dash of olive oil in a pan. Peel and finely chop the garlic and sauté in the pan. Deglaze with the tomatoes, add salt and oregano and simmer gently for about 30 minutes.
- Put the sunflower oil in a high cooking pot and heat to about 180°C/350°F (check with a oil thermometer).
- Now carefully shape the dough balls on a floured work surface with your hands into small round pizza pieces. Then poke fine holes in the dough evenly spaced with a toothpick. This will prevent the pizzas from swelling too much when fried.
- Then briefly fry the mini pizzas one after the other in the hot oil until they have a nice golden brown color. Then remove them and let them drain on a baking paper.
- Now spread a little tomato sauce in the center of the pizza. Put grated or shaved Parmesan on top, garnish with a leaf of basil and serve hot!Buon appetito!
Instead of Parmesan, you can also top your mini pizza with delicious mozzarella!
Serving: 60gCalories: 118kcal (6%)Carbohydrates: 23g (8%)Protein: 4g (8%)Fat: 1g (2%)Saturated fatty acids: 1g (5%)Cholesterol: 2mg (1%)
Do you like my deep fried pizza? Here are a few more delicious recipes…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the deep fried pizza?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.