This post is also available in: Deutsch English
Pizza in padella
Have you ever thought of preparing a pizza in a pan? You will be surprised how delicious this dish tastes! Let’s get started right away!
The classic from Italy fresh from the pan!
- 250 g flour 00 (Pizza flour)
- 250 g durum wheat semolina
- 2 g dry yeast
- 380 ml water lukewarm
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 10 g salt
- 500 g strained tomatoes
- 300 g mozzarella cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- oregano to taste
- salt to taste
Cast iron skillet
- Add the dry yeast to the lukewarm water and dissolve. Add the 00 flour, durum wheat semolina, olive oil and salt to the mixing bowl of the stand mixer and knead with the dough hook on the lowest speed.
- Add the yeast water little by little. Let the dough knead for at least 10 minutes. The longer, the better.
- Once the dough has a nice smooth surface and there are no more dough scraps hanging from the mixing bowl, turn off the machine. Release the dough from the hook, shape it into a ball and return it to the bowl. Cover with a cloth and let rest for at least 4 hours.
- After resting, transfer the dough to a floured work surface. Cut out four equal pieces, form them into small balls and place them on a large tray. Cover again with a cloth and let rest for another 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. To do this, heat a dash of olive oil in a pan. Peel and finely chop the garlic and sauté in the pan. Deglaze with the tomatoes, add salt and oregano and simmer gently for about 30 minutes.
- Now carefully shape the dough balls on a floured work surface with your hands into "pan-sized" round pizza pieces. Make sure that the edge is higher than the inner part of the pizza so that the sauce does not run out.
- Now cut a baking paper to the size of the skillet and place the shaped pizza dough on it. Heat the pan and place the baking paper with the pizza in the skillet. Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to medium. Remove the baking paper after 5 minutes and bake the pizza for another 5 minutes with the lid closed. Then turn the pizza over, cover with the lid and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Turn the pizza over again. Now spread the tomato sauce on top and cover with mozzarella. At this point, the pizza can be topped as desired. Then cover again and finish baking for another 5 minutes. When done, carefully slide out of the skillet onto a plate.
- Repeat this process for all pizzas. Buon appetito!
Calories: 736kcal (37%)Carbohydrates: 106g (35%)Protein: 33g (66%)Fat: 19g (29%)Saturated fatty acids: 10g (50%)Cholesterol: 59mg (20%)
Did you like pan pizza? Here are a few more delicious recipes….
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the pan pizza?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.