Take some fresh spinach leaves from the garden, the finest Italian cheese, pasta of course and you get…. a heavenly creamy vegetarian pasta dish in no time! Bravissimo! Let’s get started….
- Bring a pot of well-salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti in it until al dente.
- Meanwhile, thoroughly wash and dry the spinach leaves. Peel and dice the onion. Heat some olive oil in a large pan and briefly sauté the peeled garlic and the diced onion. Add the spinach and cook for a few minutes with the lid on.
- Remove the garlic, put the cooked spinach in the cup of the hand blender and blend well.
- Return the resulting spinach puree to the pan, add the ricotta and some boiling pasta water, mix everything well and simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the grated parmesan, season with a little nutmeg, salt and pepper and mix well. If the sauce is not creamy enough, add some more pasta water.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain it and then add it directly to the spinach ricotta sauce in the pan and mix everything thoroughly.
- Finally, arrange on deep plates, sprinkle with grated parmesan and serve hot!Buon appetito!
Want to see more dishes like the spinach ricotta pasta? Here are a few more from our recipe box….
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the spinach ricotta pasta?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.