This post is also available in: Deutsch English Italiano
Schiacciata di patate
Potato schiacciata is an Italian bread variation from the region of Tuscany. The special feature of this bread is that in addition to the usual ingredients such as flour, yeast and water, it also contains cooked potatoes. This gives the bread a soft crumb and a crispy crust. This is seasoned with olive oil, salt and rosemary and is a wonderfully aromatic and flavorful bread. It is suitable as an accompaniment to various dishes or can be eaten as a snack. Making potato schiacciata requires some patience, but the result is a wonderfully rustic bread that is popular both on the tables of Italy and internationally.
- 400 g potatoes
- 200 g pastry flour
- 320 ml water
- 50 g parmesan cheese grated
- 50 g olive oil extra virgin
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- rosemary to taste
- First, peel the potatoes and wash them thoroughly under cold running water.400 g potatoes
- Then slice the potatoes very thinly with a vegetable slicer and set aside.
- Now pour the lukewarm water into a bowl and add the extra virgin olive oil. Then season with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly with a whisk.320 ml water, salt, pepper, 50 g olive oil extra virgin
- Gradually add the flour and continue stirring until a lump-free mixture is formed.200 g pastry flour
- Next, add the grated parmesan and stir to incorporate into the mixture.50 g parmesan cheese
- Then add the potato slices and mix everything together carefully and thoroughly.
- Now pour the mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and spread evenly.
- Drizzle generously with a little olive oil and season to taste with salt, pepper and fresh rosemary.rosemary
- Finally, bake in a preheated oven at 200°C / 390°F convection for 30 minutes until a nice golden brown crust is formed. Now just remove from the oven and serve immediately hot and fragrant.Buon appetito!
Did you like the potato schiacciata? Here are some more nice recipes for you…
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.