This post is also available in: Deutsch English
The classic bread from Italy – simply delicious!
Do you feel like a light bread like at the Italian restaurant around the corner? Great, then you are exactly right here. You can serve it with all kinds of pasta, use it for delicious bruschetta or enjoy it with a nice spread. The possibilities are almost endless!
A delicious and simple Italian bread from the Venetia region.
- 500 g wheat flour (pastry flour/type 405)
- 10 g salt
- 10 g fresh yeast
- 300 g water lukewarm
- Crush the yeast and dissolve it in the lukewarm water. Put the wheat flour in the mixing bowl of the stand mixer. Add the yeast mixture and the salt and let everything mix with the dough hook on low speed for at least 8 minutes until a nice smooth dough is formed.
- Now form into a ball and return to the bowl. Cover with a cloth and let rest for an hour at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C top/bottom heat. Place an ovenproof dish filled with water in the oven.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper and dust with flour. Roll out the dough on it in an oblong shape, creating the typical ciabatta shape.
- Finally, bake in the oven for about 20 – 25 minutes until it gets a nice golden brown and firm crust.
- Cool briefly before serving and enjoy lukewarm!Buon appetito!
For an even better result, let the dough rest covered in the refrigerator overnight or, better yet, for 24 hours. But do not forget to remove the dough from the refrigerator 2 to 3 hours before preparation. This will allow it to come to room temperature before processing.
Calories: 233kcal (12%)Carbohydrates: 47g (16%)Protein: 8.1g (16%)Fat: 1g (2%)
I hope you enjoyed the ciabatta! Here are more delicious recipes…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the ciabatta?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.