The classic bread from Italy – simply delicious!
Do you feel like a light bread like at the Italian restaurant around the corner? Great, then you are exactly right here. You can serve it with all kinds of pasta, use it for delicious bruschetta or enjoy it with a nice spread. The possibilities are almost endless!
- 500 g wheat flour (pastry flour/type 405)
- 10 g salt
- 10 g fresh yeast
- 300 g water lukewarm
- Crush the yeast and dissolve it in the lukewarm water. Put the wheat flour in the mixing bowl of the stand mixer. Add the yeast mixture and the salt and let everything mix with the dough hook on low speed for at least 8 minutes until a nice smooth dough is formed.
- Now form into a ball and return to the bowl. Cover with a cloth and let rest for an hour at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C top/bottom heat. Place an ovenproof dish filled with water in the oven.
- Cover a baking tray with baking paper and dust with flour. Roll out the dough on it in an oblong shape, creating the typical ciabatta shape.
- Finally, bake in the oven for about 20 – 25 minutes until it gets a nice golden brown and firm crust.
- Cool briefly before serving and enjoy lukewarm!Buon appetito!
I hope you enjoyed my ciabatta! Here are more delicious recipes…
Preparation recommendation for the ciabatta recipe
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
- 10-speed slide control ranges from a very fast whip to a very slow stir
- Includes Flat Beater, Dough Hook and Wire Whip
- Power Hub for Additional Attachments,Volts- 120
- Unique Mixing Action. Hub cover – non-hinged
- Assembled with Pride in Greenville, Ohio
- Choose from all the color options to find the one that best matches your style and personality.
- The power hub turns your stand mixer into a culinary center with more than 15 optional attachments available.