This post is also available in: Deutsch English Italiano
Focaccia con pomodori secchi e olive
A tempting bread with a wonderful aroma!
- 300 g flour 00
- 200 g manitoba flour
- 300 g water lukewarm
- 5 g dry yeast
- 25 g olive oil extra virgin
- 20 g salt
- 5 g honey
Seasoning & Greasing
- 100 g dried tomatoes in oil
- 80 g olives pitted
- dried oregano according to taste
- olive oil extra virgin according to taste
- First, add the yeast and flour to the bowl of the stand mixer. Turn the machine on speed 1 with the beater and add the honey. Then gradually add the water and let it mix well.
- Once the dough has absorbed all the water, add the olive oil and salt. Now continue to knead for about 15 minutes until the dough has acquired a nice smooth and firm consistency.
- Then transfer to a lightly floured work surface and fold a few times from the outside to the center. This will trap air and make the dough nice and fluffy.
- Then form into a ball, place in a bowl and cover with a tea towel. Leave to rise in a warm place for at least 2 hours. The dough should then have doubled in volume.
- In the meantime, drain the sun-dried tomatoes and olives completely so that the focaccia does not get soggy later. Then cut the tomatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- After resting, grease a baking tray with olive oil and place the dough on it. Now, with your fingertips, flatten the dough and pull it apart until it is spread all over the surface. To prevent the dough from sticking to your fingers, it helps to rub them with a little olive oil.
- Now spread the dried tomatoes and olives evenly over the entire surface of the dough. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with oregano.
- Let rest for another 30 minutes.
- Finally, place the tray on the lowest shelf of the oven and bake for about 35 minutes at 190 degrees top/bottom heat. Remove from the oven and allow to cool briefly. Now the delicious focaccia can be eaten!Buon appetito!
Calories: 599kcal (30%)Carbohydrates: 102g (34%)Protein: 16g (32%)Fat: 14g (22%)Saturated fatty acids: 2g (10%)
I hope you enjoyed my focaccia with sun dried tomatoes and olives! Here are more delicious recipes…
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the focaccia with sun dried tomatoes?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.