As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Pasta al pesto alla siciliana
Are you ready for a culinary trip to Sicily? Our recipe for pesto alla Siciliana pasta will delight you with its intense flavors and unique combination of ingredients.
Pesto alla Siciliana is a delicious variation of the classic pesto that originated in the sunny region of Sicily. In this pesto, fresh tomatoes and ricotta provide a deliciously fruity flavor.
If you love the variety of Italian cuisine and are looking for new taste sensations, this recipe for pesto alla siciliana pasta is for you. We’ll show you how to make this pesto and combine it with pasta cooked al dente to create a dish that will transport you to the south of Italy.
- First, bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil.
- In the meantime, wash and halve the tomatoes. Remove the seeds and liquid from the half tomatoes with a spoon. Wash and dry the basil.500 g vine tomatoes, 20 g basil
- Add the spaghetti to the boiling salted water and cook al dente according to package directions.400 g spaghetti
- Meanwhile, place the tomato halves, basil, pine nuts, ricotta, parmesan and peeled garlic in the bowl of the hand blender.150 g ricotta cheese, 50 g parmesan cheese, 50 g pine nuts, 1 clove garlic
- Add a little olive oil and mix gently on low speed with the hand blender. Gradually add the remaining olive oil until the pesto has a nice creamy consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper.100 ml olive oil extra virgin
- Drain the cooked spaghetti in a colander. Then return to the pot, add the pesto and mix thoroughly.
- Finally, divide the pasta among deep plates and serve immediately.Buon appetito!
Similar recipes to pesto alla siciliana pasta
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you are a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the right place for you. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics products made by Italian craftsmen and manufacturers. In each product you will find the peculiarities of Italian production.