A crispy Italian snack from Piedmont
A delicious snack for all!
Amount 40 pieces
- 280 ml Water lukewarm
- 15 g fresh yeast
- 10 g salt
- 50 ml olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tsp malted barley
- 500 g flour 00 (pizza flour)
- durum wheat semolina
- First add yeast and malt to the lukewarm water and dissolve. Pour the flour and salt into the stand mixer and knead with the dough hook on the lowest setting.
- Gradually add the yeast water. Then add the oil as well. Let the dough knead for at least 7 minutes. The longer, the better.
- Then transfer the dough to a work surface sprinkled with durum wheat semolina and roll out into an oblong rectangle. Now brush the surface with a little olive oil and sprinkle with durum wheat semolina.
- Now let the dough rest for about 1 hour until it has doubled in volume.
- After resting, cut strips about 0.4in (1cm) wide from the short side of the dough with a sharp large knife. Then carefully pull the strips to the desired length and transfer them to a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Make sure that there is enough space between the grissini.
- Now place the baking sheet in the oven for approx. 20 minutes at 400°F (200°C) top/bottom heat. As soon as the sticks are lightly browned, remove them and let them cool.Buon appetito!
Instead of the pizza flour you can also use normal wheat flour!
Calories: 58kcal (3%)Carbohydrates: 10g (3%)Protein: 1g (2%)Fat: 1g (2%)Saturated fatty acids: 1g (5%)
Do you like my grissini? Here are a few more delicious recipes….
Recommendation for the grissini
Antimo Caputo Chefs Flour 2.2 LB (Pack of 2) – Italian Double Zero 00 – Soft Wheat for Pizza Dough, Bread, & Pasta
- Professional flour: this 100% wheat flour is a culinary essential, perfect for long fermentation baking. Originating in Italy, our family company is dedicated to the gold standard of Neapolitan pizza flour established since 1924
- High quality: This flour has strong, elastic gluten, great for the home chefs or anyone looking to make dough from the finest selected grains. We ensure all natural flour with no additives.
- Diverse ingredient: great for home ovens up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit! Our product is milled slowly and finely for optimal water absorption and superior yield to help bake authentic pizza, gourmet breads, cakes, and pastas!
- Perfect texture: Our wheat flour bakes a soft, flavorful crust for an authentic Neapolitan pizza with a soft, tender bottom and bubbles in its cornicione