This post is also available in: Deutsch English Italiano
A delicious Ligurian flatbread with whole wheat.
- 300 g manitoba flour
- 250 g whole wheat flour
- 5 g dry yeast
- 10 g honey
- 420 g Water lukewarm
- 30 g olive oil extra virgin
- 12 g Salt
Seasoning & Greasing
- 20 g olive oil extra virgin
- coarse sea salt
- First put the Manitoba flour, whole wheat flour, honey and dry yeast into the mixing bowl of the food processor. Turn the machine on speed 1 with the beater, slowly pour in the water and knead for 5 minutes.
- Then add the olive oil and salt and run for another 5 minutes until the dough has acquired a nice smooth and firm consistency.
- Then place the dough on a work surface lightly brushed with olive oil and fold a few times from the outside to the center. This traps air and makes the dough nice and fluffy.
- Then form the dough into a ball, place in a large bowl and cover with a tea towel. Let it rest in a warm place for at least 3½ hours. The dough should then have approximately doubled in volume.
- Then grease a baking tray with a little olive oil and place the dough on it. Now flatten the dough with your fingertips and pull it apart until it is spread over the entire surface. So that the dough does not stick to the fingers, it helps to rub them with a little olive oil.
- Now let the dough rest in the tray for about 10 minutes.
- Then work small depressions into the dough with your fingertips. Again, grease the fingers with a little olive oil.
- Now drizzle everything with olive oil and spread a few leaves of rosemary and the coarse sea salt flakes all over the surface of the dough.
- Finally, place the tray on the lowest shelf of the oven and bake for about 40 minutes at 220°C (430°F) top/bottom heat. Remove from the oven and allow to cool briefly. Now the delicious wholemeal focaccia can be eaten!Buon appetito!
Calories: 619kcal (31%)Carbohydrates: 105g (35%)Protein: 14g (28%)Fat: 16g (25%)Saturated fatty acids: 2g (10%)
Do you like the whole wheat focaccia? Here are a few more delicious recipes….
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the whole wheat focaccia?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.