This post is also available in: Deutsch English
The frittata primavera (spring omelet) is a very colorful dish, rich in vegetables and really tasty. In this omelet there is a wide range of very good and nutritious vegetables: carrots, asparagus, leeks and peppers. Refined by the spices, the frittata becomes even tastier. The vegetable frittata can be served both as an appetizer and as a main course with a nice salad.
- Wash all the vegetables thoroughly.
- Remove the wooden part of the asparagus stems, peel and dice the asparagus.
- Finely chop the leek, peel and dice the carrots as well.
- Remove the upper part of the bell peppers and cut them in half. Clean the inside of the peppers thoroughly and remove all seeds. Then cut into small cubes
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Slice the garlic and sauté lightly. Add the diced carrots and leeks and sauté briefly. Then add the diced peppers and asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Add a ladle of water and simmer for about 10 minutes until the water has boiled away.
- Put the eggs in a bowl and whisk well. Add the thyme, marjoram and fennel, season with salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Add the beaten eggs to the frying pan and toss well. Then fry for 6 to 8 minutes over low heat with the lid closed, until the bottom of the frittata is cooked. Turn the omelet over with the help of a large plate and return it to the frying pan. Now also lightly fry this side again for 6 to 8 minutes (without lid).
- Finally, garnish with the fresh parsley, divide into four equal pieces and arrange on plates.
- Buon appetito!
If you like my vegetable frittata, you might also like these recipes
Recommendation for the vegetable frittata
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.