This post is also available in: Deutsch English Italiano
Pizza con Rucola e Pomodori
Would you like a delicious pizza today? Then let’s bake a nice pizza together with fresh arugula and cherry tomatoes.
A delicious pizza with fresh arugula and cherry tomatoes!
- 200 g wheat flour (pastry flour/type 405)
- 270 g flour 00 (Pizza flour)
- 30 g durum wheat semolina
- 300 ml Water lukewarm
- 35 ml olive oil extra virgin
- 10 g Salt
- 5 g fresh yeast
- 500 g San Marzano tomatoes passed
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 balls mozzarella cheese
- 1 bunch arugula
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- Add the yeast to the lukewarm water and dissolve. Put the wheat flour, 00 flour, durum wheat semolina and salt in the mixing bowl of the food processor and let knead with the dough hook on the lowest speed.
- Gradually add the yeast water. Then add the oil as well. Let the dough knead for at least 7 minutes. The longer, the better.
- Once the dough has a nice smooth surface and there are no more dough scraps hanging from the mixing bowl, turn off the machine. Release the dough from the hook, shape it into a ball and return it to the bowl. Cover with a cloth and let rest for at least 2 hours.
- Tip: The longer the dough can rest, the better it will be! It is best to prepare the pizza dough a day in advance and then let it rest in the refrigerator, covered with a cloth. Then take the dough out about 3 hours before preparation and let it rest covered at room temperature.
- After resting, transfer the dough to a floured work surface, divide into pieces of about 250g and form each into balls. Cover everything again with a cloth and let rest for another 30 minutes.
- Put the strained tomatoes, salt, pepper, olive oil and oregano in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C (500°F) top/bottom heat.
- Fray the mozzarella into small pieces with your hands or cut into slices. Wash and halve the cherry tomatoes. Also wash the arugula and shake it dry.
- Roll out each piece of dough on a floured work surface and then transfer to a baking sheet. Pour some of the tomato sauce on top and spread evenly. Leave about 1cm of the edge free. Top generously with mozzarella. Then evenly distribute the halved cherry tomatoes.
- Then bake for about 10 minutes at 250°C (500°F) top/bottom heat on the lowest rack.
- Remove the pizza from the oven after baking, top with a handful of dry arugula, serve immediately and enjoy hot.Buon appetito!
By “pulling” the dough and not rolling it out, more air remains in the dough. This makes the pizza dough nice and fluffy during baking. For the best baking results, use a pizza stone (bottom rack) for your oven. Turn the oven temperature as high as possible for top/bottom heat. The hotter, the better. The pizza will be ready after about 6 to 7 minutes (depending on the oven and temperature). You will be thrilled with the result!
Calories: 576kcal (29%)Carbohydrates: 104g (35%)Protein: 16g (32%)Fat: 11g (17%)Saturated fatty acids: 2g (10%)Cholesterol: 1mg
Do you like my arugula pizza? Here are a few more delicious recipes….
Looking for original Italian ingredients for the arugula pizza?
ItalianStyleCooking Shopping Tip
If you’re a big fan of Italy and are looking for original Italian goods, Made in Italy from Amazon is the place to be. Browse to your heart’s content for food, furniture and home accessories, clothing and cosmetics made by Italian artisans and manufacturers. In each product you can recognize the peculiarities of Italian production.